Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Realtors apprehension to work with Wholesalers

You may have seen this happening sometimes in your dealings in real estate. Sometimes a Realtor does not want to work with you because you are real estate investor. I know that has happened to me. I ask myself why?

The foundation of commerce is in trading, Realtors and real estate investors are traders. Some of us trade real estate, others trade their skills to help the transactions get to fruition. In real estate investing, all of us wants to get paid, real estate agents included. So why the resistance from both groups to work together.

Are we, real estate investors, that difficult to work with? Are real estate agents an obstacle for us? What can be done to resolve our differences? I will share with you the following, In my twenty years in real estate investing I have had great relationships with Realtors. They have been an instrumental part of the marketing or exit strategy in my real estate investing.

I suggest to my fellow real estate investors to open their opportunities and work with Realtors and for these professionals be included in your professional team. I have mentioned before, I will mention again every successful real estate investor should have a real estate agent as part of his/her professional team. They can be instrumental in your exit strategy, Realtors will bring people to your properties (as long as you’re going to co-op with them). Working with them will increase the chances that your properties will be marketed to the largest audience possible.

Realtors, I suggest that you change your negative opinion of us. Are we difficult to work with? Maybe. Do we sometimes push the envelop to the very edge of the cliff? Yes. We are business people. In addition to wanting to bring great products to the end users we look for profits, tax deductions, cash flow, IRR, ROI, NPV, Cap Rates, etc. We can be a great client for you, since we deal in volume and/or are frequently in the market buying or selling part or all of our real estate portfolio.

There is great opportunities available in the real estate market right now worldwide. Lets work together , lets create profitable partnerships that can be beneficial for all of the parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment